Serving these cities:
Just For Today
What is a sponsor? You know: That nice person with whom you had coffee after your first meeting. That generous soul who keeps sharing recovery experience free of charge. The one who keeps amazing you with stunning insight regarding your character defects. The one who keeps reminding you to finish your Fourth Step, who listens to your Fifth Step, and who doesn't tell anyone how weird you are.
It's pretty easy to start taking all this stuff for granted once we're used to someone being there for us. We may run wild for a while and tell ourselves, "I'll call my sponsor later, but right now I have to clean the house, go shopping, chase that attractive..." And so we end up in trouble, wondering where we went wrong.
Our sponsor can't read minds. It's up to us to reach out and ask for help. Whether we need help with our steps, a reality check to help us straighten out our screwy thinking, or just a friend, it's our job to make the request. Sponsors are warm, wise, wonderful people, and their experience with recovery is ours - all we have to do is ask.
- 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm, January 20, 2023 – Game Night!
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, January 27, 2023 – Outreach - Pojoaque
- 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm, February 7, 2023 – Outreach - Las Vegas
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, February 10, 2023 – Greater ABQ Area Phonelines Subcommittee
- 11:45 am – 1:00 pm, February 11, 2023 – H&I Subcommittee Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, February 16, 2023 – H&I Subcommittee Meetings 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm