Serving these cities:
Just For Today
Addiction and self-will go hand in hand. The unmanageability that we admitted to in Step One was as much a product of our self-will as it was of our chronic drug abuse. And today, living on self-will can make our lives just as unmanageable as they were when we were using. When our ideas, our desires, our demands take first place in our lives, we find ourselves in constant conflict with everyone and everything around us.
Self-will reflects our reliance on ego. The only thing that will free us from self-will and the conflict it generates in our lives is to break our reliance on ego, coming to rely instead on the guidance and power offered us by a loving God.
We are taught to consult spiritual principles, not our selfish desires, in making our decisions. We are taught to seek guidance from a Higher Power, one with a larger vision of things than our own. In doing this, we find our lives meshing more and more easily with the order of things around us. No longer do we exclude ourselves from the flow of life; we become a part of it, and discover the fullness of what recovery has to offer.
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, September 15, 2022 – H&I subcommittee meeting 3rd Thursday of the month at 630pm
- 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm, September 18, 2022 – OUTREACH Meeting S.T.A.R Los Alamos,715 Diamond Dr Zoom: 939 0145 8087, PW 87544
- 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm, October 2, 2022 – Outreach meeting Begin Again Taos
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, October 14, 2022 – Greater ABQ Area Phonelines Subcommittee
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, October 20, 2022 – H&I Subcommittee Meetings 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, October 20, 2022 – H&I subcommittee meeting 3rd Thursday of the month at 630pm